Saturday, January 22, 2011

About doujinshi scanlation and future projects

When I was looking for HMC doujinshi I found a really good doujinshi info website. It's called The Doujinshi & Manga Lexicon. It has basic info on doujinshi and even sample pages. I found alot of HMC doujinshi on here but of course there's no download. I even found Chinpui doujinshi on here and my first thought was: WTH?!?! As for the raw scans available on the internet, I found Nodame Cantabile and Harukanaru Toki no Naka de 3 and 4 (not the original Haruka series) doujinshi the other day. However, I'm not a fan of NC or Haruka and neither doujinshi is interesting enough so I won't be translating these. I'm hoping to translate more of HMC doujinshi like Honey Saids if the raw ever surfaces. I really want to read Skip Beat doujinshi as it's my current most favorite manga but of course I haven't had any luck finding it on the internet. There are two SB doujinshi being sold on ebay for unmentionable prices. I really regret not think of buying HMC doujinshi when I was in Japan last year. But I don't know if I would even be able to find it in a regular doujinshi store since they mostly have yaoi or other popular seinen series. Anyways, for future project I will translate some original one-shot manga, both smutty and cute shoujo ones. The next doujinshi project I have in mind (unless somebody translates it before me) will be from the current most famous pure love story manga. It will take some times to translate since it's about twice the length of Honey Saids and the editing is promisingly more difficult. Meanwhile, take your time to guess what series it is from :)

7 comments:

  1. i was curious if you'restill doing this, as in fact I want to buy doujinshi but there seems to be alack of translations but I wouldn't mind providing raws :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I'm still doing this though I'm currently really busy so translating will take a bit of time. What kind of doujinshi do you want to buy? I would love to translate more HMC doujinshi or Skip beat especially but I'm also open to other doujinshi that is interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i haven't bought any for a long time, I want to buy HMC doujinshi,skip beat i also love but i've only found a couple of those around

    ReplyDelete
  4. yea those are hard to come by. maybe yahoo jp acution will have more but they only ship to japan so you might have to find a shopping service or sth

    ReplyDelete
  5. yeah I know some japanese SS I will have to try invest in some,I will let you know :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, I have a ton of HMC doujinshi I bought back when the movie first came out! Some are gen and some are (rather questionable) BL, and to be honest I'm not entirely sure where all of them are so I can't give you an exact count on what I have. I'm a scanlator who currently has a rather large scanning backlog, but would you be interested in more HMC doujin if I can find the time to scan them for you? I'll check this post for replies.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm open to more HMC doujinshi. However, I only translate those that I really like since it takes alot of time for me to translate and edit (being a perfectionist is a pain in the neck XO ). I don't translate BL. But I'm interested in other type of HMC doujin so if you don't mind I would love to see your doujin collection.

    ReplyDelete